VINTAGE SWITCH PLATES - small details of decorating




Our home is filled with unique items,  distressed finishes and vintage charm. It is a place we always want to retreat to and spend time together. 




One of the items I like to use in our home is
VINTAGE SWITCH PLATES


They have definitely helped me create a unique feeling in
our home. They won my heart and have such
 excellent vintage character. They can add a special touch in
 many rooms especially when I update them.



 


In the kitchen I have a unique double switch plate in the shape of a crest, crown included. It is made of resin which means it is a newer piece but I found it at a thrift store, the original retail price was still on it for $36. 
WOW! I had to trim and re-drill the holes to line up properly, 
probably why it was at the thrift store.
*************************************************



On the counter I have this unique outlet cover I purchased at
 a vintage market. The vendor had painted it in the perfect 
crème color that coordinated just right with my back splash.


A short time later I found a matching plate
perfect for the light switch on the other side.




OVER-SIZED PLATES

Above is a style of plate created to cover a larger hole. Originally there was a double switch plate in this spot but I found that one of the switches wasn't hooked up to anything. I removed the existing double plate and replaced it with this over sized single plate that is big enough to cover the hole.

Looking for your own switch plates,

CLICK A PHOTO TO START YOUR SEARCH
     


      


 INSTAGRAM @4_the_love_of_wood



*******************************************
 FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE
vintage hardware 


image 0 image 0 image 0
  Click on each photo for details
****************************************

Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware